What a great time to start something…right? Out with the old and in with the New! Hooray!
Time to make a resolution or a few……So what is a resolution anyway?
res·o·lu·tion (rz-lshn) n.
1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.
4. A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion put before or adopted by an assembly such as the U.S. Congress.
5. Physics & Chemistry- The act or process of separating or reducing something into its constituent parts: the prismatic resolution of sunlight into its spectral colors.
6. The fineness of detail that can be distinguished in an image, as on a video display terminal.
7. Medicine-The subsiding or termination of an abnormal condition, such as a fever or an inflammation.
8. Law A court decision.
9. An explanation, as of a problem or puzzle; a solution.
b. The part of a literary work in which the complications of the plot are resolved or simplified.
10. Music -a. The progression of a dissonant tone or chord to a consonant tone or chord.
b. The tone or chord to which such a progression is made.
11. The substitution of one metrical unit for another, especially the substitution of two short syllables for one long syllable in quantitative verse.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
As you can see there are many ways to define “RESOLUTION.” What is your meaning?
Do you have any resolutions? Do you have a plan of action?
Let me share my most important resolution and plan of action with you, if I may…
My 2014 New Year’s Resolution is: to STOP just being there and START BEING THERE! In more detail…stop just thinking about things, do them.
My plan of action involves 3 main steps:
1.) Pray about everything and anything…the more detail the better, that way I know God is always working and blessing me and will help me bless others.
2.) Be healthy in every way. Mentally, physically, emotionally, and most importantly SPIRITUALLY! Even if it means taking one step at a time…I know that I will be better than I used to be.
3.) Action. No not movie stuff LOL…but as soon as I have a thought…do it. Call that person…offer a ride…play that game with my kids…take my husband out on a date…have a party for no reason…give when there is a need…offer what I have…God will do the rest. Whatever it is…don’t wait any more! I want to enjoy life to the fullest.
Life will bring challenges to my resolution, but I am ready to take them on.
If you need some tips and suggestion about your resolution, email me and I will be more than happy to help you get started and make a plan of action!
Let do this New Year thing together!
~~~HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014~~~