Each day will be a time of concentration of cleaning deeply in detail, so that the next cleaning will be less stressful. You may want to start with de-cluttering so that there is not as much to clean, and then re-organize after the deep clean.
You may do the days in any order but try to at least accomplish 2 or more days in a row.
Why start here? Because after your first day of cleaning you will want to rest in a place of comfort and your bedroom should be that place!
- Open up the windows to allow fresh air.
- Take all the linens and dirty towels to the laundry room and start the washer.
- Remove all trash and items that do not belong in the room.
- Take a broom and sweep out any cobwebs in the corners of the room etc…
- Dust from top to bottom, left to right. Including vents, ceiling fans, blinds/shades, windowsills, pictures, lamps etc…
- Polish all furniture. Knickknacks and other items of wood.
- Clean any mirrors, frames, lights, and items not cleaned.
- Turn your mattress over.
- Take rugs, mats and comforters outside and shake them out. Some you can wash and dry so those need to be taken to the washer. Take the linens and towels that you started out of the washer, put them into the dryer and start the mats or comforters.
- Clean out under your bed….then sweep, mop or vacuum under your bed.
- Put all items back in place.
- Make bed with fresh linens. Put comforter and/or mats in dryer.
- Clean base boards.
- Sweep, mop or vacuum rest of floors.
- Place comforter and mats in proper places.
- Close windows and burn your favorite candle. Like a lavender scent. (Scentsy Candles are awesome-Click on the link and see what is good for you.)
This basic method can be used for most bedrooms and be adjusted accordingly. Complete all bedrooms!
Once all bedrooms are deep cleaned, RELAX! Enjoy your place of rest!
Moving on to day TWO!